Saturday, March 6, 2010

ART IS EASY...or is it?

Local artist, Molly Wortham, held a workshop in print-making in an effort to dispel the myth that art is hard. Attendees Renee and Mary created art, but this does not neccessarily prove anything about art's difficulty or lack of it.


"Ready...


Set...

ART!"

Thinking Hard = Easy?

Tracing with Scalpel = Easy?

Spinning, Ever Spinning = Easy?

Messy Inks = Easy?

All tuckered out after Art.



One of Mary's results. Knowing how much ink to use = hard.

5 comments:

mully said...

I still say art is easy.

shining example of human potential said...

well, let's just say art is worth it. i enjoy seeing your art studio. boomer is doing all of us that won't come down to fla. a service. (ok, i guess that would just be me.)

LeRambuncteur said...

omg. i miss you SO DAMN MUCH. Coming home Friday...having a terrible time at school. TAKE ME HOME MATILDA MOM! I would drop out again, but then you'd have to re-write my letter of recommendation and say that I only dropped out twice.

suspiciously pleased said...

excellent scientific rigor, Boomer. It only goes to show that art IS hard.

Boomer said...

Thank-you, SP. In the name of science, I am requesting more data. I would really like all of you out there creating art to post pictures of said art and a simple statement of either easy or hard. I promise to compile the data, analyze it and provide you with pie charts and colorful graphs.