Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dealing With Paranoia

OK.  So yeah, the whole Facebook privacy thing has me concerned at times.  Even though I'm trying to understand more about computers, I still have no idea how easy it is to track or to find out everything I say on the internet.  I always assumed no one would bother to find out, because really, who gives a rats ass?  And then I hear some story about a woman going in for a job interview and the bastard throws down a photo of her dancing on  table at some party.  Interview over.  Now why make her come all the way in to be humiliated in person?  What kind of crap is that?  Hopefully just an urban legend used to scare young people into caution.  But what about old people?  There are SCANNERS out there in the world, even if there wasn't digital photography at the time of any possible indiscretions.  We were supposed to predict this kind of "sharing" back in the dark ages?

Anyhoo, what started this rant was the last comment I added to the Elvis story.  I caught myself thinking how it might be detrimental to changing my state of unemployment.  That perhaps my "boomer" identity should be disconnected from my other online identities and how does a person go about doing that anyway?  I hate it that it even enters my head. 


No comments: