Friday, October 5, 2007

Poll Proves South Dakotans Ignorant

Rapid City, SD. Polls indicate a shocking ignorance among South Dakotans of the Dolly Parton song "Jolene." 100% of the five people surveyed said they had no knowedge of the song. While claiming to recognize the name Dolly Parton, not one of the individuals could name any song written by the Country star.

Pollster Denise Hardesty, clearly shaken, describes her reaction to the poll: "I was all excited to share my copy of the White Stripe's rendition of "Jolene" when it dawned on me that my friends had no idea what I was talking about. I mean, I've lived here over ten years and nothing has made me feel like I'm on another planet quite like this."

14 comments:

mully said...

Shocking...i am speechess

Boomer said...

I know, I know. I'm not sure whether to leave it alone or launch a serious education plan.

mully said...

i met a high school girl not long ago, here in lakeland, and Jolene was her favorite song, maybe i came to the right palce

mully said...

i wonder what a lady star wrangler would do....

shining example of human potential said...

as a life long resident of s.d. i think it is shocking that an interloper like the afore mentioned pollster, one denise hardesty, would have taken so long to listen to the white stripes cover of jolene. i have been listening to it, here in s.d., for over 3 years!

mully said...

but al, you are always ahead of the rest...

Boomer said...

So you've been holding out for three years? God. YOu make me work for everything.

Sassmaster said...

Oh snap! I love how Boomer TOtally just turned it around on you, SEHP. And BTW, I haven't heard the White Stripes version yet. Why do you bogart?

shining example of human potential said...

oh, young sassmaster, when you are ready to receive such knowledge then it shall be revealed to you. as boomer has shown us, if one is too immature when one acquires such insight it can leave one arrogant and dismissive of one's elders.

mully said...

damn, he is cold.

mully said...

wait, is all really that much older than d?

mully said...

or sassmaster..

phlegmfatale said...

No knowledge of Jolene?

Get a rope!

mully said...

ummm, also Me First and the Gimmee, Gimmees also do a rockin' version...