Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Need Ideas

I know. This is weird coming from me, a self-proclaimed "idea-person" (ie, I'm more about ideas than action.)

Here is the deal: I have (wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles) a Saturday off at the beginning of July. In fact, I have a 5 day break over the Independence Day weekend (Thurs-Mon).

This needs to be taken advantage of. I'm thinking some sort of trip needs to be taken.

The problem is (and it's significant), I'm pretty broke. And any extra doe-rae-mi should be put aside for my relocation.

Anyway . . . I'm looking for ideas . . . any thoughts, anecdotes?

5 comments:

mully said...

there is always the roughing it of camping, nature, all that pretty cheap and close by. i have also heard hermosa is lovely this time of year, but is is kinda far. you could also try mushrooms or acid.

Jeff Hansen said...

The best vacation I ever had was in Topeka. I just grilled out and hung out in my yard. The reason it was so good was at the time i was living in sioux city in a crappy apt. So go camp in someones backyard, grill out a lot, oh, and throw a backyard party. they are the best. make mojitos, just fresh limes, mint, and rum. mmmm.

suspiciously pleased said...

well, i'm all about self-medication (ie mushrooms, acid. mojitos) . . . .

i don't think i'll be able to make it to the Hills as that would require a car and gasoline.

i would love to do some camping. maybe that's something to look into . . . i hear good things about Goat Island . .. i think there might be goats!

thanks, guys!!

superbigmuch said...

I think it's fairly obvious -- help me make Welcome Packets for the ESL Institute students!

suspiciously pleased said...

. . . uh . . . yeah, superbigmuch . . . ummmm . .. i think i have to work now over the fourth . . . sorry . . . . . .