Friday, May 4, 2007

I Annoyed Everyone Today

Sometimes at work I like to listen to the seventies station. Today I was compelled to sing along with every song that came on. I know them all, they are all the hits I heard again and again on America's top 40 when i was a wee one, first developing my little musical tastebuds. I even sang in between sentences as I was checking people out. It would be kinda like this "Like a rhinestone cowboy, that willl be $8.56 , in a star-spangled rodeo, thank you ma'am, please come again, getting cards and letters from people I don't even know" Of course my singing voice is not the most melodic, and I sort of sang the songs just loud enough so a person really not really ignore the sound. I sort of felt bad about it, but there was really nothing I could do. Besides it was probably my turn to annoy the customers.

3 comments:

superbigmuch said...

You think they'd appreciate that you're whistling while you work, like any good American with a superior work ethic.

Sheesh, Grumplestiltskins.

Boomer said...

You didn't start doing The Hustle in the aisles or anything, did you?

mully said...

well, no, i don't know how to do the hustle.