Monday, June 25, 2007

HIA Cartoonist Reveals Latest Work's Brilliance, Meanness

HIA Cartoonist R. Abeln has recently unveiled her latest work on her MySpace page. According to Abeln, her latest visual piece is remarkable in both it's sheer genius and also it's utter cruelty - to the artist herself.

"Sure it's mean - but that's what artists do, right? They suffer for their art. In my case literally. Because I view my whole life as a piece of performance art. As do others. Well. At least I assume so by their reactions to me."

Abeln's revolutionary work can be seen at myspace.com/suspiciouslypleased

3 comments:

mully said...

i think being mean is fine, but try to be mean to others first, and if that does not work, then be mean towards the self.

suspiciously pleased said...

but there seem to be so many reprocusions when i'm mean to others . . . getting beat-up, cops, court cases . . . the only reprocusion i'm likely to get from me is a defeated sigh.

mully said...

well i guess you have no choice then....sigh