Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blog Enters Therapy .

Things have gone from bad to worse for the Hia News Blog. After learning of various hijinks in Vermillion going un-blogged, sources indicate that the HIA News is now seeking therapy for depression. Recently the blog realized that it needed to deal with its own "issues". Overheard at a local coffee shop, the blog confided in a friend, "I guess I just need to look at my expectations, I mean with 11 blowhards like my authors, I just expected that I would have posts coming out my ears, seriously I have never known this group to be so reticent, I guess I kinda take it personally. It's just that I get kinda tired about hearing about Florida all the time, and meanwhile(Thanks for the heads up Sassmaster) costumed taxidermy goes un-photographed. Maybe they are all just too busy, but I can't help but think that there are all kinds of interesting things going on in libraries, noodle factories, and various other places and my readership never gets to hear about it. That and my bitter disapointment make me very sad."
At least the HIA News is now seeking the help it needs to deal with it's problems, and if it is any consolation HIA, we know it will all work out. Someday all your authors will realize what a crime it is to not share their fascinating lives with the HIA readership, and then they wiil be blogging away with all the cute and funny and interesting things they do everyday.

2 comments:

Boomer said...

Don't worry little blog. Lowered expectations may help you. Just think of the song from the dating ad and perhaps you will feel better.

Sometimes it's hard to think of anything that is clever enough to post next to all those other very clever articles, but as long as I know your expectations are lowered, I might not restrain myself so much.

Anonymous said...

Denise,
hold on there, i am still expecting a modicum of cleverness, and as we all know you are as clever as anyone. Thanks for posting.