Thursday, March 1, 2007

Underemployed Sculptor Whores Himself Out-Again




Yeah, I herd there was a chance to design the commemorative center for a bunch of Wads. Whads. Whatever. So I whipped up these drawings to show to my potential clients the proposed designs for their center. Initially the concept revolved around a snowshovel design-the scoop making a nice graceful arc to shade a person from the weather. I was thinking along the lines of the Sydney Opera house except with tin sheeting instead of stainless steel.
One of them, I think it was Nee said it looked like a halfassed homeless shelter. The other one-The Blonde says "Homeless "shed" Nee"- then they both started cackling-you know how they are...
The next designs worked around the forms they are accustomed to -themselves-"Now you're getting somewhere" one of them said excitedly. So I went with a sunglass motif-The front of the lenses would be an observation deck, while on the "inside" there would be huge projected images of Nee and Mully. One image per lense. Cool. they really liked that one.
The one that looks like the profile of the two is what I think they will settle on. They liked the idea of it being carved out of carera marble and trimmed out in formica banding. A nice touch I have to add. Mully expressed an interest at this point and recomended they forget about the WADS and just have a martini and sushi bar inside instead.

2 comments:

superbigmuch said...

Martini and sushi bars! NOW you're cooking with gas! I was just about to comment that I think your Centre for WHAD-ya-call-its needs to have input from the community that it is going to serve.

Unknown said...

Whadyou mean? (sorry-couldn't be helped). I am always available to whore my talents out to everyone! Hell - I'll even sell my work to froeigners. Currently the WHAD center is about to recieve it's first upgrade-a remodeled bathroom. Yes thats' right, a bathroom comlete with working plumbing and hopefully no leaky delapidated walls! Although it is a stretch to use my artistic powers for plumbing, it is a good cause. Plus with tile it still falls under the realm of ceramics.
Check back for updates-Mully might start a bathroom blog-God that will be exciting!