Monday, March 26, 2007

I Witnessed a Real-Life Precious Moment

This is a true story. Gregory's sister Wendy came to visit this past weekend, she brought her children Aaron and Daniel with her. One night while we were having dinner at the parent's, I was hanging out on the lanai with the 2 boys. They were relaxing on the hammock, and Daniel who is 4, (and looks like the all american child, blond curly hair, blue eyes, huge dimples, )was singing a little song, he sang"I love everybody, and I love God.." He was smiling and looking around, then he looks up in the sky, and does this thumps up, reaching really high towards the sky.
I had to keep myself from laughing out loud, I was really surprised. It is not like their family is super-religious, so I had to ask him what he was doing, and sure enough the thumbs up was for God. Then his older brother filled me in a little more. "Yeah, he has been worshiping like crazy ever since he started watching Veggie Tales."

5 comments:

Sassmaster said...

Man, you could sell that story to a TV preacher I bet. Awesome.

mully said...

It was somethings to see allright, also maybe the veggie tales people might be interested, it sure says lot about the cartoon vegetables' ability to evangelize.

superbigmuch said...

OH! OH! That is too good. Aaron and Daniel have it all over the Flanders'es's boys.

Now, we've got to think merchandising! I see a poster, a figurine (natch), Xmas ornament, and screensaver. I'm thinking more "Nobody's purrrfect" soft focus than the bright, arch primaries of Thomas Kincaide.

Boomer said...

That does sound adorable. What are 'Veggie Tales?'

mully said...

why denise where have you been? they are cartoon veggies that tell bible stories and teach children how to be good christians. they really exist. I have always been disturbed by them.