Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dreams of Going Sock-Free In House Crash Against Freezing Cold Floors

St. Paul, MN -- Temperatures rising into the 40s led area homeowner Mary Connor to hope that she might, for the first time in several months, go without socks in her house. "I usually wear at least one pair plus slippers, 'cause otherwise I lose feeling in my toes," Connor explained. "Since it was thawing this week, I'd hoped to let the tootsies breath a little. But the floors are still freezing." She also noted that it'd be nice to wear fewer than three sweaters at a time.

She mused, "I guess if I lived in Florida, this wouldn't be a problem."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

these dreams die hard mary. you know, people move to florida every day...

Boomer said...

It's warm here in the west. Come visit. Leave your socks at home. I promise not to make you climb any rocks.

Anonymous said...

florida is warmer, you should visit here. and we don't have any rocks TO climb. i would not trust denise if i were you, she will lure you out there to the west with her pretty promises, and wham you are caught in a blizzard with no socks, and she will probably try to make you climb rocks too.

superbigmuch said...

Would that be known as "sock climbing?"

Boomer said...

I protest! It really is sunny here! Ok, there is the little issue of wind...and if there happen to be a few rocks in the trail you're hiking, you might as well climb them, but you don't need socks. Honest.