Tuesday, February 13, 2007

WInter Haiku

It seems there have been some stress related posts lately. In fact, I would submit that regardless of the Uppity bullshit from my first post, the Uppitiness in this blog is unrestrained. As a protocol of relaxation I suggest repeating this mantra at least 15 times during a 3o minute timeout you give yourself.

The snow is deeper than my dog is tall
Push it, push it
Fuck that, fuck'em all

And for the doubters, that is a Haiku on two levels - nature is invoked and there is an emotional ending. Wish I had some visuals to add.

4 comments:

superbigmuch said...

As a short literary piece, it's not half bad, even though you egregiously plagiarize Salt-n-Pepa in Japanese poetic form. I find the meter rather infectious. I can see myself chanting this while I shovel. Thank you, Jason, for opiating us like the hepped-up, graceless apes that we are. Once again, it takes a librarian.

Jason said...

I have a limerick version available upon request

Anonymous said...

I repeated it as a mantra for the suggested time period, then i just felt weird.

suspiciously pleased said...

yeah . . . i know what you mean . . . after my mantra session, i had an overwhelming urge to find a gun . . . .